The ABA Solo’s saw our band once again get incredible successes. Well done to all our soloists who entered this weekend’s event at Onehunga High School. It is a big thing to stand up in front of your peers, and an adjudicator, and play a difficult piece of music.
A special mention to Steven Booth, not only did he win the Championship Slow Melody and Not Slow, adjudicator Gary Bilton, also gave his first 100 score for Steven’s performance in the Slow Melody Championship. Incredible playing!
We have good reason to be proud of everyone as you can see below:
- Steven Booth and Grant Langdon won the Open Duet
- Steven Booth won the Championship Slow and Not Slow
- Kurt McDonald won the Open Slow and 3rd in Championship Slow
- Andrew Large – 2nd in Championship Slow
- Anne Filimoehala – 2nd in Championship Not Slow
- Jamie Mackay – Special mention by the Adjudicator for a great sound and great playing.
Thanks to the Auckland Bands Association for organising the event.